Welcome to our world of insantity.

Here you can read about the trials and tribulations of being a full time stay at home mom, wife and caregiver to my best friend in the world, my Grandmother. Gran has alzheimers, dementia, and parkinsons. Be sure to stop by often..you never know what kind of stories you will read here! Also check out my Stitching blog to see how I keep my insanity!


Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Gran!

first of all..We didnt have the heart to put Punkin ( kitty) to sleep today. I just couldnt so Gran will have to wait til a later date for him to come to Heaven. He does have feline lukemia. Shawn took him to his cousins house who lives close by and she is a vet assistant. She said we could spend 800 -1000 dollars trying to save him but it wont work. He is so little and pitiful. I think I will make Shawn take him..I just can't. Maybe Mom will go with him. We can put him in the memory garden ( One of Grans flower beds) with our rottie, Fathead, who passed the day after we buried Gran. I didnt go to the grave yard today. I was going to. I was going to take balloons out there for Grans bd but Mom said it was a mess due to the high winds we have had and all the Christmas deco from all the graves was everywhere. So I didnt go. I did see a beautiful pink sunset. I dont know if they have always been pink but seems I notice them ALOT more now that Gran has passed and they are always pink. They used to be more orange. hmm...............Job situation...I am ticked! I was supposed to start the training classes Monday..got the call today..the company hired in 25 ppl off the street so the temp I went thru only had 5 spots. I was in the top 8 so Im one of 3 alternates. IF someone DOESNT show up, then Im in...WHATEVER! I went thru that with the other company they put me at..well..I got a phone call today with another place..its called personal care choices. I will be sitting with people..handicapped or elderly so many hours a day..taking them to the Dr, cleaning their homes..running errands..ya know the drill. I have to work Saturdays which isnt bad now but will be when Autumn starts soccer since her games are on Saturdays...and one Sunday a month relieveing for a friend of mine that works there too plus Mon-Fri. They pay no overtime which is a bummer since I will be working at least 6 days a week. OR Shawn told me his cousin said she can get me on at a boat company for 10.00 an hour Mon-Fri..Im kinda torn..kinda...I really feel like I should work at the Caregivers job. I feel thats what I am supposed to do..Maybe that will help me heal too..Ill let you know..gosh this is long..sorry to ramble!

No comments: