Welcome to our world of insantity.

Here you can read about the trials and tribulations of being a full time stay at home mom, wife and caregiver to my best friend in the world, my Grandmother. Gran has alzheimers, dementia, and parkinsons. Be sure to stop by often..you never know what kind of stories you will read here! Also check out my Stitching blog to see how I keep my insanity!


Thursday, September 27, 2007

Things are about the same lately. Gran isn't eating much at all as if she was eating a lot to begin with. She is even starting to "skip" days of eating. If I get 3 or 3 bites A DAY into her I am doing good. Some days she will drink a lot. At least 32 ounces..others I can't hardly get enough into her for her medicine. She just doesn't want it. I don't know what else to do. I feel like a failure. I just have to remind myself that I am doing the best I can and I can not make her eat. I offered her strawberry ice cream the other night. She ate 2 bites. Spit the real strawberry back out at me. SHRUG...I don't know..

Yesterday (9-26) Mom and I went to the funeral home to prearrange her funeral. We picked out the most beautiful casket I have ever seen. It's white with pink faded onto it. It's lined in pink ruffles and has pink roses embroidered on it. Of course I loved it seeing how I am a stitcher. Gran's favorite color is pink. I think I'll stitch a pink rose to put in there with her.
Ok...enough of this...*crying*..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww Jen hun you are not a failure. Your an angel for doing what you are doing. You can only do so much unfortunately and when they decide to quit fighting there is nothing we can do.
Please remember all the good times with your gran and remember how much you have done for her lately. I am sure your Gran would not want you to feel bad, and I am sure that she does realize how much you are doing for her.
Just hold her hand and do your best, which you are doing and that is basically all you can do at this point.
You are a wonderful person for doing this for your Gran. God bless you.

Lynn(Mistylynn)

Mia said...

I am a lurker at 123 and have been reading about your Gran. You are a wonderful woman and an inspiration. It was just a few short years ago that I was caring for my father. I helped my mom until her death in 2003 and then was alone caring for my dad til he passed in 2004. At the time, I felt that I was failing him. The guilt I felt at the time was overwhelming even though my DH told me I was doing everything the way it should be. I felt I couldn't do anything right. Looking back, I realized I was doing everything right. I was caring for him, making him comfortable and doing the best that I could. I was there for him just like he was there for me. That is what is important. I just wanted to let you know that you are doing everything right. You are giving her all of your love and care and she knows it. You are doing a wonderful job.

God Bless You and ((((hugs))))
Mia
www.cafemia.blogspot.com