Welcome to our world of insantity.

Here you can read about the trials and tribulations of being a full time stay at home mom, wife and caregiver to my best friend in the world, my Grandmother. Gran has alzheimers, dementia, and parkinsons. Be sure to stop by often..you never know what kind of stories you will read here! Also check out my Stitching blog to see how I keep my insanity!


Sunday, September 30, 2007

314 AM

314 am Sun Sept 30th.
We are still up.......It is all I can do to stay awake. I tried to stitch but I kept messing up so I put it up. I hate going back and trying to figure out what Ive done wrong the next day. I came over to the office in hopes that maybe Gran would think I went to bed and go on to sleep herself. I just unwadded her blanket for the 5th time tonight. She also was tugging on her cath tube. Mom unhooked it earlier today when we were changing Grans bed. We had to change it again. I hope Gran doesnt pull on it too much. Im afraid she will pull it out. I havent done much of anything today. Im having some female problems and can't get to the doctor right now. I would love to have a surgery to take care of these problems but can't right now. I am tired...very tired..

My daughter had a spat with an old friend this afternoon that is back into town. It really got me upset. It was over some skates that another friend had given my daughter awhile back..(several months) I located the skates and am taking them home to the original owner tomorrow. I told my daughter that from now on she is to politely say "no thank you" in regards to such gifts UNLESS she has permission from an ADULT on both ends. Wise decision I think. Once it was all straightened out..DD went skating and I was able to relax. ( well somewhat)

I am almost finished with my Santa ornament. It is sooooo cute. I lost it or I wouldve been done by now. I thought I had lost it at the Drs. office last week when I took DD in for a physical but they said no...I searched the car...searched my purse...and all I came up with was the floss and chart..SIGH...then Friday morning I was walking to the mail box and low and behold on the ground right next to the porch was my Santa piece! Not a speck of dirt on him anywhere. I was relieved. At that point, I had been working on it for a week! I still have maybe 30 stitches to put in and the backstitching but I can do that tomorrow. I am just tooooooo tired tonight. Maybe Gran is sleeping..I think I will go see..I am now seeing shadows out of the corner of my eye. LOL
I used to say they were Papaw watching over me but Ive convinced myself that the "white" floaters in the house are him ...I dont know about the shadows...Maybe they are just that..shadows..Gnight...I hope!

1 comment:

rosemk001 said...

Thinking of you!

You should write a book and call it "Gran and Me"


wirose