Welcome to our world of insantity.

Here you can read about the trials and tribulations of being a full time stay at home mom, wife and caregiver to my best friend in the world, my Grandmother. Gran has alzheimers, dementia, and parkinsons. Be sure to stop by often..you never know what kind of stories you will read here! Also check out my Stitching blog to see how I keep my insanity!


Monday, October 1, 2007

She Ate!

Tonight I am proud to say that Granma ate! She ate almost a whole bbq sandwich and 3 potato bites. (oven baked cut up potatoes) I was so proud. Shawn helped me change her clothes and the bed before he went to bed. I don't know what Id do without him and Mom sometimes. It is hard to change her by myself but I have done it before and can do it if I have to. I have been catching up on the never ending mountain of laundry. I think I have it knocked down to a mole hill now.
Now if I can just get whats folded put away before I have to wash more..I can dream can't I?

Shawn and I went to the flea market today. No I didnt buy any fleas. ( haha) I did buy some movies and saw 3 actual stitched pieces! There was one I so loved but I just couldnt bring myself to give 10.00 for it. I know the actual stitching itself was well worth it but I just couldnt get it. I bought milk with that 10.00 instead...sigh...the sacrifices I make for my kids. LOL...Seriously...I might have given 7.00 for it..but not 10.00. It wasnt well taken care of. ( I am trying to justify to myself why I just didnt give the man 10.00 for it! ) If he has it next weekend..I will give him 10.00. Ok,,now I feel better about that.

I am tired...very tired...I didnt sleep much last night. It seems the earlier I go to bed the worse I sleep. I wake up ALOT when I do get to go to bed early. So tonight Im making myself stay up later. I have to take Devin to school in the morning and every morning this week in fact..He got into trouble at school for not turning his home work in so his Science teacher who is also one of his football coaches is letting him come in early to make them up before the final grade for this grading period comes out. Otherwise...he will fail..and then he can not play ball. I guess thats a lesson he has to learn.

I think Gran is going to sleep now..she was fighting it earlier. I guess thats what I get for her eating...she did tell me her tummy was hurting...maybe she honeslty ate too much. I guess so since she hasnt been eating anything.
Hopefully tomorrow I can get some jello down her. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.