Welcome to our world of insantity.

Here you can read about the trials and tribulations of being a full time stay at home mom, wife and caregiver to my best friend in the world, my Grandmother. Gran has alzheimers, dementia, and parkinsons. Be sure to stop by often..you never know what kind of stories you will read here! Also check out my Stitching blog to see how I keep my insanity!


Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I got scared!

Yesterday Gran woke up and started hollering immediately. She just kept hollering "hey" even when we went over to her and held her hand. She was talking well and told me that the church lady wanted her to go some where but she wasnt sure if she wanted to go or not. She also told me the church lady was in the box outside. She was panicked and breathing heavily. She kept saying to "come around" I asked her who she wanted to come around and she didnt answer. I asked if she wanted everyone to come around and she said "NO!" I rubbed her face. She quited eventually. Mom came by and Gran wouldnt speak to her. She told me she was afraid she was going to hurt us. Mom reassured her that she would never hurt her. Gran didnt want Autumn to leave her yesterday but Autumn had a basketball game. ( her first! and they won!)
It took Gran along time to go to sleep and still at 3 am she wasnt really resting well. She was talking alot and fidgeting with her covers and hands. I know all this is to be expected but she was so "out of the norm" yesterday. I hope today is better. The Hospice nurse, Angie, got some urine from her cath last week. Maybe the Dr's office will have the results today. They are testing her for a UTI ..my request. I just dont want the infection and fever to sneak in on me like the last time. I will not let her go into septic shock again and I will not let her die from something that can be treated with a simple medication. Angie and I have already talked about that. Gran is a DNR patient. (Her choice by living will) However, I dont feel there is a need for her to die from something that can be easily treated with some infection medication.
We had Devins 15th birthday/halloween party over the weekend. I spent most of my time this year in the house with Gran. I did put my usual vampire custom on but I think it bothered her so I took it off. Bless her heart. I never thought that a little makeup would scare her or I wouldve never put it on. It was just barely white with black lipstick. Maybe it was the lips. LOL
I will post pics when I get the chance to.
I have been stitching some again. I have several Halloween finishes and am now working on a RR that I have along with Christmas ornaments. I really have to get to stitching on my Christmas gifts. I think next year, Ill start alot earlier. I would love to stitch something BIG for just myself at my own pace and not feel so rushed. Stitching is supposed to be fun not stressful with the threat of a dead line in front of you. Its supposed to be my relaxation but lately, I can honestly say it has not been..

No comments: