Welcome to our world of insantity.

Here you can read about the trials and tribulations of being a full time stay at home mom, wife and caregiver to my best friend in the world, my Grandmother. Gran has alzheimers, dementia, and parkinsons. Be sure to stop by often..you never know what kind of stories you will read here! Also check out my Stitching blog to see how I keep my insanity!


Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Thinking of time

I cant help but think of the time I am wasting...
Watching a loved one die I think does this to me.
When she is awake she stares off into space. I often ponder on what she is thinking?
The times she is coherent, I sit by her and talk to her. I often feel guilty during these
times too. I think that someday I might regret not letting the dishes go and sitting a little more..or maybe trying to decipher her words a little more than I have. Maybe I shouldnt even be on this computer..I should be sitting right there beside her right now. I cant keep going like this...I am driving myself crazy. If I go out, I feel bad for leaving her. What if she dies and Im not here? I wasnt there when Dad died...everyone else was...but me...and I regretted it soooo bad. I swore I would not allow myself to have regrets with Gran but I already do. I am only one person though, right? I do have kids and a husband that I must attempt to take care of..
What am I to do? Everyone says Im doing all I can now but I feel like Im not...like Im failing...Im just overwhelmed. People just dont understand unless they have experienced this first hand. It is very hard . Sometimes I feel like Im having a pity party...poor me...Im stuck here everyday ...I hardly ever go out..Shawn leaves on the weekends with his friend. Hes already made plans for next weekend to go 4 wheeling. I get to go to watch Autumn play soccer this weekend. Which is fine..dont get me wrong but I just would love to go to the mountains...disconnect for awhile in an open field...take a nap...watch the clouds roll by..and just simply breathe........

No comments: