Welcome to our world of insantity.

Here you can read about the trials and tribulations of being a full time stay at home mom, wife and caregiver to my best friend in the world, my Grandmother. Gran has alzheimers, dementia, and parkinsons. Be sure to stop by often..you never know what kind of stories you will read here! Also check out my Stitching blog to see how I keep my insanity!


Thursday, October 25, 2007

A loooooong day

Last few days have been kinda rough. I could hardly get Gran to take her meds last night. She finally did. She kept talking about some man (Marvin)here to get her and the church lady the night before. She doesnt want to go with the man but isnt sure about the woman. She was scared of Mom on Tuesday evening. She thought she was going to hurt us.

She was in and out of sleep last night so I went to bed about 2. I kept waking up. Couldnt sleep...
At 530 , I got up and she was breathing really fast. I immediately touched her as I was afraid she was running the high fever. She was cold. It was hot in here. Her fingers are starting to turn blueish and she is gray around the mouth and under her eyes. I called Angie (her nurse) and Mom called at 7 to see if the kids were up for school. I told Mom what was going on and she came on home. Angie came and Gran had started breathing a little better. She was taking shallow breathes and not actually exchanging air but when she got deep breathes her lungs were clear. I went and got her meds for the UTI she has. She would NOT take it. Its liquid and smells like vanilla ice cream but she wouldnt have it at all! She also wouldnt take her pain meds that Im supposed to give her before her bath.

Mom and I sponged her off around 330. We gave up on the full bath. Poor Gran just laid there and looked at us and wouldnt answer me at all. Eventually, she did nod her head. She drank some coke...fountain coke from Sonic finally for me.

Shawns Aunt came by as well did his Mom and Memaw. Gran woke up briefly and talked to me a bit. We sat her up in the bed and she drank some more coke. Best shes been all day.

Still yet....I dont have a good feeling...
She did tell me earlier of angels and she "reckoned" they wanted her to go with them. I told her it was fine if she wanted to go.

I am physically, emotionally, mentally exhausted. I am sooooo tired. I feel like I could sleep a year.

No comments: