Welcome to our world of insantity.

Here you can read about the trials and tribulations of being a full time stay at home mom, wife and caregiver to my best friend in the world, my Grandmother. Gran has alzheimers, dementia, and parkinsons. Be sure to stop by often..you never know what kind of stories you will read here! Also check out my Stitching blog to see how I keep my insanity!


Wednesday, October 24, 2007

No Food but Yes to UTI

Gran does have the UTI starting. The Dr's nurse called today to tell me she was calling in medicine for "whatever" infection Gran had and asked me to tell her the symptoms. WHAT?! The Hospice nurse took a urine sample on Friday. I mean shouldnt the Dr call to tell me the results of the test?? The Dr's nurse told me that the infection wasnt responding to antibiotics so she's calling in something stronger. I was SHOCKED! They were assuming this was the same UTI as 3 months ago. Unreal...anyways...they called in some meds so hopefully that will help Gran to keep from getting so bad. She would NOT eat anything tonight and she is completely in a fetal position...I can not move her..she cries. That scares me too. I just sit by her bed and stitch and try to keep her comfy. I will rub her hand or her head from time to time. I am back to not going to bed unless I feel she is going to be ok. Time is of the essence. She doesnt have much left I am sure.
Im off to stitch....(DH let us order Chinese tonight) YUM! So I have little kitchen clean up!

No comments: