Welcome to our world of insantity.

Here you can read about the trials and tribulations of being a full time stay at home mom, wife and caregiver to my best friend in the world, my Grandmother. Gran has alzheimers, dementia, and parkinsons. Be sure to stop by often..you never know what kind of stories you will read here! Also check out my Stitching blog to see how I keep my insanity!


Friday, October 12, 2007

Update on the sickly

Here's the news...
Autumn is getting more better by the day. She went out today with a light jacket and played. She also went to the skating rink for Christian skate night. She had a friend whom she had not seen in a while go with her so it was good for them both.

Gran on the other hand...

The Hospice nurse said today she didn't know how much longer Gran could go the way she is going now. She BARELY ate anything again tonight and only ate 3 mini cookies last night. Tonight was even less, a bite of corn and 1/2 a bite of baby apple sauce.
1/2 cup of water. That is it for this whole day. To me she is starting to look grey in the face and on her feet. I can't help but wonder if this is the blue /purple that everyone talks of. I took myself a picture tonight...Its of her hand holding mine. Im gonna have itblown up and framed. Dont ask...just something I wanted to have. Theres nothing more I can do...I know that but still I feel quilty if Im not right there by her side. If I leave the house to go do something I am scared to death she will die while I am gone. I pray that I will have a sign to show me that her time is near so I can be with her. That is my prayer....

No comments: